Post 5: My future Job

Hello everybody, today I’m going to talk about my labor perspectives for the future. As you know, I’m studying anthropology since 2015, and this year I decided to take a specialization in archaeology. There are many reasons to justify why I chose that career, and why I want to work in archaeology in the following years. One of those is that I definitely would like to work outdoors, especially in campaigns with workmates. I have a lot of expectations of fieldworks because there is always a component of surprise in the sense that the possibility of finding something is always there. In addition,  I think that working as archeologist offers the possibility of know a lot of places of Chile and other countries in the region, and view this places in a historical and even prehistorical perspective, that maybe could help some historical and actual processes.

About the salary is known that archeology is an unstable work, so I don’t know what to expect. 
People say that if you follow a way of “EIA”  you could get a lot of money, but I think is hard to take that way without a complex reflexion because it brings a lot of ethical implications with the environments, the communities of the places where your work and other variables. In a general view, maybe another option could be working in investigation. I think it’s very interesting, but it requires a lot of commitment because at least in our country investigation doesn’t have many resources for its development. Like a said before, is hard what to expect in relation to my labor future. In general, I think that I don't decide yet what I want to do certainty. 

That's all for today, thank you for reading! see you in the next post.

Comentarios

  1. To work outdoor is amazing! I hope that you meet your expectations! Regards!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 1: Perú

Study programme of my career

Post 6. Post Graduate Studies